Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fleurs de Marie

Where to go in the weekend if you want to eat a nice brunch? Well, I know a few nice places. To start with Fleurs de Marie, I just ate there this afternoon actually, so I'm digesting their food right at this moment.We find Fleurs de Marie in the Quartier des Grottes, a nice quiet neighborhood behind the station with many nice bars and restaurants, which for some bizarre reason is a bit left aside by locals and visitors of the city.

The choice of food we find here is quite typical for a brunch café: salads, eggs prepared in different ways (cooked, baked or scrambled) and a wide choice of home made cakes and quiches. As you'll see on the picture above the cakes are beautifully presented together on a table. I tried the quiche à la moutarde ancienne and the crumble aux framboises. Both were very delicious and I'll soon go back to try their Chocolat fondant and their cupcakes. To finish I have to note how very nice this bar is decorated from the inside and the outside. Very colourful and full of flowers: A dream bar for most girls (at least for my girlfriend.)


Opening times (if I understood well, but excuse me if I'm wrong):  From Wednesday to Friday 8.30 - 15.00, Weekend: 10.00-16.00. Address: 8, rue de la Faucille 1201 Genève, tel: 022-7334730. Mail: fleursdemarie@bluewin.ch website: http://www.fleursdemarie.ch

No comments:

Post a Comment